Creating a Life You Love: Vision Board 101
According to the Law of Attraction, “like attracts like.” Basically, what we think about will come about. Whether you’re aware of your thoughts or not, you are attracting every single negative and positive thing into your life by how you think and feel. So if you feel like things in your life aren’t going well – you hate your job, you hate your spouse, you are unhappy with your life, etc. – then you will keep attracting those types of people, circumstances, and things. You will need to change how you think if you want to improve your life and get out of a situation.
” When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.”
One of the best ways to manifest what you really want in your life is to create a vision board. The secret to creating a vision board that works is simply to focus on how you want to feel, not just on things that you want.
For several years now I have had a tradition of making a vision board on new years eve. I make the time to sit down and get clear with myself of how and what I am wanting to show up in my life in the coming year.
Here’s what you need to make your own vision board.
- Any kind of poster, foam or cork board
- Scissors, tape, pins, and/or a glue-stick
- Markers, stickers, or any other embellishments
- Magazines to cut images and quotes from.
- Things you want to look at every day. Photos, quotes, sayings, images of places you want to go, reminders of events, places, or people, postcards from friends and anything that will inspire you.
- Time. Give yourself a stress-free hour or two to put your board together. If you’re a social butterfly, invite you friends over and make a party out of it.
Set the tone
Turn off the TV and your cellphone and turn on some relaxing music. Light a candle, burn some incense and clear the space around you.
The purpose of your vision board is to bring everything on it to life.
From your goals and aspirations, think about what you want on your vision board. Anything that inspires and motivates you.
Some ideas of what you can put on your vision board are:
- Your dream home
- Your dream vehicle
- Your perfect mate
- Your dream body
- Places you want to travel to
- Professional goals
- Luxury items you want
- Activities you want to do
- Pictures of family and friends
- Inspirational quotes
Be clear and conscious of the words and images you place on your vision board.
Now the fun part! Cut out images and phrases in any shape or form of things you want in your future and in your life. Position them around the board however you like. Lay everything out before you start gluing and pinning so you can get an idea of where you want everything. This is your masterpiece, so be creative with it!
When your vision board is complete, place it somewhere you can see it often and every day.
New Years marks a new beginning. New people to meet, new adventures to enjoy and new memories to create. Here’s wishing you the Happiest New Year ever!
Leave a Comment