Feng Shui Your Medicine Cabinet for Vibrant Health All Year Long
This is the time on year when the weather is changing and just about everyone has some form of a cold or flu. Many are making more visits to the doctor and pharmacy for prescriptions and no matter where you go – to school, work, the library or grocery store, there is someone coughing or sneezing and looking for relief.
I have always been actively involved in the complementary medicine field. I’ve intensely researched healthier alternatives. Furthering my knowledge and education of “energy medicine” I have received training and accreditations as a Certified Holistic Health Coach, Reiki Master, Energy Worker, Feng Shui Master as well as Certified Pharmacy Technician for over 16 years.
Studying feng shui, I have learned how it can propel your health in the right direction, although of course, a healthy diet, exercise and regular check-ups are also essential to living a healthy lifestyle.
Feng shui your medicine cabinet.
Does it feel like you have your own personal home pharmacy? How many pills, syrups and creams does one family need? Many households keep their medication by the bedside table for easy reach and often on the dining table as well. To help kids breathe better while sleeping, many mothers often apply Vicks VapoRub and then leave it on the child’s bedside after use. These are not suitable places for storing or keeping potentially harmful medications.
So where should you keep your vitamins and medication?
Having a clean, organized medicine cabinet with easy-access to what you need (and not jampacked with things you don’t) is a simple and quick way to restore order to your bathroom.
This small little storage area seems to be a magnet for loose hair ties, expired medicine bottles and a whole slew of other not-so-useful items.
Take a bit of time this weekend to:
- Remove entire contents of your medicine cabinet, divide into categories such as health, beauty, first aid, his, hers, etc. and the Outbox. This is where you put everything that hasn’t been touched or used in over 12 months, has expired, you have doubles of or could just be replaced. The Outbox is not a garbage. Keep in mind that old and expired medicines and cosmetics encourage an atmosphere of ill health and decrease over all vibrancy.
- Lift your energy by cleaning the entire cabinet, scrubbing every surface thoroughly. Wipe out the cabinets and drawers and add fresh new drawer liners and organizers.
- Replace items by category. Making sure that at least 10% of the cabinet is empty space. If not, get rid of more. Let It Go, You Can Do It!
- Examine Outbox. Bring back Only those items needed. Provided that you don’t use your medicine cabinet for deep storage.
- Toss, recycle or donate the Outbox.
Make your medicine cabinet functional so you can actually find what you’re looking for without digging through the “I might need it someday” stuff.
Organizing your medicine cabinet is one of those once-a-year tasks that doesn’t take long, however goes a long way towards decluttering your home and increasing the health chi of your home and the occupants within.
Leave a Comment