Where is the Love?
Happy International Women’s Day!
International Women’s Day has been observed since the early 1900’s and now is recognized yearly on March 8. This worldwide event celebrates women’s achievements. Where women are recognized without regard to national, ethnic, linguistic, cultural, economic or political- while calling for gender equality.
Women (and men) from around the world commemorate with arts performances, talks, rallies, networking events, conferences and marches.
Empowerment is defined as “the process of becoming stronger and more confident, especially in controlling one’s life and claiming one’s rights” (Oxford Dictionary). But empowerment can also have many different meanings to different people—depending on their experiences, circumstances, hopes, and dreams.
As women we are so busy in our every day lives. We are running from appointments, errands, classes and events not to mention shopping, cleaning, and bookkeeping! Then there is the spouse, kids, job and friends.
We are taking care of so much that there is often no time for self-care. No time to feel empowered in our own lives.
Where’s the love?
- Start each day by telling yourself something really positive. How well you handled a situation, how great you look in your outfit, what an amazing hair day you are having. Anything that will put a smile on your face.
- Fill your body with the best foods and drink that nourishes it and makes it thrive.
- Surround yourself with people who love and encourage you. Let them remind you just how amazing you are. Let go of the losers.
- Celebrate your wins no matter how big or small. Pat yourself on the back and be proud of your achievements.
- Quiet time is a necessity. Take time to calm your mind every day. Breathe in breathe out, clear your mind and just be.
- Follow your passion. You know that thing that gets you so excited, but scares you at the same time. The thing you really want to do but have convinced yourself that you can’t do it. You should do that!
- Find something to be grateful for every day. We all are going to have some down days. This is fine and very natural. It’s especially important on these days to find at least one thing you are grateful for as it helps to shift your mind and energy around what’s going on.
- Forgive yourself. You know that thing you did one time (or maybe a few times) that made you feel lousy, embarrassed, ashamed? Let that crap go! You can’t change the things you’ve done in the past, but you can control your future. Take it as a learning experience and believe in your ability to change.
- Embrace and love the things that make you different. This is what makes you special.
- Have fun! Get out there and do the things that light your fire. Enjoy them, enjoy being you and enjoy your incredible life.
Practicing self-love is not something we do on occasion, no it’s a lifestyle. It’s important to take time for yourself. Spoil your body, your mind and your soul. Give yourself so much self-love that you’re shining, You Deserve It!✨