Wander the World Stress Free:10 Feng Shui Travel Tips
This is the time of year when more people are traveling and with the holidays coming up I wanted to share with you some of my personal tips for stress Less travel.
- Itinerary-Either print it out or have it saved on your phone to verify flight, car or hotel reservations and confirmation numbers.
- Check the weather in your destination city and pack accordingly (jacket or sweater, umbrella, gloves, scarf, sunglasses) I won’t be bringing my sandals on my trip to Boston tomorrow.😉
- Medication- Bring your regular meds and include a few extras like benadryl for any allergic reactions (I learned this the hard way), pepto bismol or tums for upset stomach, pain reliever for headaches, cough drops, and anti-nausea medication.
- Ipod– Gotta have my tunes! I like to bring a small speaker also to boost the sound.
- Snacks-I always bring snacks along on my travels. I like trail mix, pretzels and fresh fruit like apples, bananas or even berries.
- I always bring my own pillow and pillowcase when I travel. Hotel beds can be quite uncomfortable so if I have my own pillow I know I will sleep well and not wake with a stiff neck.
- Lavender room spray is great to freshen the room and also to spray on your pillow before you go to bed for a restful night.
- I am one of those girls that love to take a nice hot bubble bath and when traveling that is one thing I look forward to after being out at an event. I have my inflatable bath pillow, small container of bath salts, and a travel candle that I keep packed in my toiletry bag. ( just remember to restock the bath salts 😉)
- Something to read. Whether it is a book or magazine or crossword puzzle, have something to occupy your mind while waiting in the airport, plane or hotel room.
- Bring home with you-Hotel rooms are usually impersonal so I like to bring some things to make it feel more like home. One of my favorites things is a small strand of twinkle lights from the dollar store. They not only provide a nice ambience, but also helps at night with nice soft lighting when you need to get up in the middle of the night 😉. I also like to decorate my room with beautiful scarves draped over the chairs or headboard. I also have a favorite photo of Xavier and myself that whenever either of us travels we take this picture to keep on the nightstand. <3
- Don’t forget your phone/computer chargers. Also the small power cells are great to have when electricity isn’t available.
- Smile and enjoy your trip. Have gratitude for the opportunity to travel, to meet new people and have new experiences.
Everyone is in a hurry at the airport so give yourself and your fellow travels a break. Take a breath and enjoy the journey. Traveling can be stressful. I hope these tips that I use will help you on your next trip.
Happiness Is Now,
Leave a Comment